The Islamic Dinar is a specific weight of 22k gold equivalent to 4.25 grams and is available in a variety of denominations.
The Islamic Dirham is a specific weight of pure silver equivalent to 3.0 grams and is available in a variety of denominations.
Gold and Silver Facts
- Gold and silver coins remained official currency until the fall of the Khalifate.
- The Dinar and Dirham are commodities which have intrinsic value.
- The Prophet of Islam gave 500 Dirhams to each of his wives as dowry.
- Historically, gold and silver have not suffered from excessive inflation.
- Trading with gold and silver is the sunnah and was done by all of the sahaba.